This month we are excited to share with you the great work of Habitat for Humanity Huronia. It is a great organization that provides a great range of services to the community.
1. Habitat Huronia gives everyone a chance to be a homeowner. Habitat Huronia homes are no-interest, no down payment mortgages with payments set to 30% of your income. You can apply on Apply for a Habitat home to see if you qualify.
2. Habitat Huronia operates two ReStores and an online store. Habitat ReStores sell new and almost new building materials. ReStores are great resources to recycle items that may otherwise have gone to the landfill. Habitat Huronia has two locations – one in Alliston, and one in Barrie. You can also purchase products online at the Habitat Huronia online store and click on ReStore. The Barrie ReStore will moving to 571 Bayfield St (the old Barrie Examiner building). Follow them on Facebook for opening date.
3. Habitat Huronia also operates the Kitchens to Homes program. Habitat removes approved kitchens from your home for resale in the ReStore and, you also receive a tax receipt! Go to Kitchens to Homes to learn more.
4. Golf FORE Humanity is fast approaching! On July 21 Habitat will be hosting their annual Golf FORE Humanity Golf Tournament. They will welcome back golfers to Bear Creek Golf Course for a fun day on the greens! Plumbtech is a proud sponsor of this event. Contact email@example.com to sponsor the event, join them on the course, or check out their virtual auction!
5. Habitat is building 5 New Homes this year. Their latest build at 541 Essa Road in Barrie will welcome 5 new Habitat Homeowners this year! To donate to this build project, please go to Donate to learn how.
We hope you enjoyed learning about Habitat for Humanity Huronia and that you will support them by checking out their stores, donating, volunteering your time or applying for your own habitat home if you qualify.