Going tankless? The pros and cons of tankless water heaters.
Have you considered going tankless? Maybe you’re looking to reclaim some much needed space or upgrade from that old inefficient model. Whatever your reasons are, here are some things to consider when deciding if tankless is right for you.
Here is a quick overview
- On-demand water
- Continuous hot water
- Compact in size
- No more stand-by loss
- Less water waste overall
- Longer lifespan compared to tank/longer warranties
- Available in gas and electric
- Cannot supply water for multiple uses such as laundry and dishwasher
- Temperature may fluctuate while in use
- Requires venting to the outdoors
- Upfront cost + added installation costs
As exciting as new technology can be, it’s important to review your options with a professional and get all the information upfront. If you are considering installing a tankless water heater we recommend you get in touch with us and we can help you make the right choice based on the needs of your household.