Finally summer has arrived! And, this year many of us are planning to spend a lot of time in our own backyards.
Do you have plans to build an outdoor kitchen with a small sink? Perhaps you have a pool or live close to the beach and want to build an outdoor shower. Contact us for an estimate for whatever you’ve got in mind that will need some plumbing.
If you’re able to get away on vacation, you might want to consider turning your water heater temperature down while you’re away. It will not only save energy, but money too. And it’s never a bad idea to turn off your water at the meter when you’re away for more than a few days – if something lets go while you’re away the results can be spectacularly bad.
Having our own flower or vegetable garden at home has become very popular.
Did you know that the best time to water your outdoor flowers, vegetables and plants is before 9 am? Watering early in the morning reduces how much water evaporates into the air. If you water too late in the evening it can encourage mould growth. And, the best option for soaking your plants is a hose instead of a sprinkler. A hose does a better job of getting the water where it needs to go with less wasted water.
With hot days upon us it’s tempting to get the sprinkler out for the kids to play in, but we should remain mindful of how much water we are using. After all, we end up paying for it and if there is a drought, the municipality you live in may impose restrictions on water use.
All of us at Plumbtech Plumbing Inc. hope you have a wonderful summer. Don’t forget that we’re here if you need us.
Summer plumbing checklist:
- Check for leaks in your pipes and drips at your faucets.
- Replace your washing machine hoses. Did you know you should change them every 3-4 years?
- Inspect your sprinkler system for leaks
- Make sure your home’s outdoor faucets and hoses are turned off when not in use.
- Be aware of any wet spots in your yard that might indicate a water or sewer line leak. Check our website for more information.
- Make sure that your sump pump and its backup are working in case of heavy rains and subsequent flooding.